Want to buy your first steel string acoustic left handed guitar then this is the right place for you to find the best. This article is going to help you find the best left-handed acoustic guitar for beginners. Here you will see an in-depth review of the top left-handed acoustic guitars.
Before you buy your guitar, it is important to decide a few things. The first and certainly the most critical element to decide is to choose whether you want a traditional acoustic or an electro-acoustic guitar. The major difference between these two types of guitars is that electro-acoustic guitar could be directly plugged into an amplifier or a computer whereas, with a traditional acoustic you will need to use a microphone to amplify the sound while you are playing or recording music. Mostly guitar lovers prefer buying an electro-acoustic guitar because these guitars come with a built-in tuner. If your guitar doesn’t come with a tuner, it is recommended to have a clip-on headstock tuner. Snark is one of the most used clip-on. If you’re a newbie, then you can even research about the top clip on headstocks available in the market. You must be wondering that electric guitars are the best option, but you need to keep in mind that these guitars come with a few extra bells and whistles which are going to cost you extra. So it’s recommended to think carefully about what you need.
Top 5 Best Left Handed Guitars For Beginners
- Ibanez Performance Series PF15 Left Handed Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Fender CD-60SCE Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Seagull S6 Original Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar
- Fender Sonoran SCE Left-Handed Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Yamaha FG820 Left-Handed Solid Top Acoustic Guitar
Best Left Handed Beginner Guitars
Now it’s time to list the top beginner guitars. You will find top guitars in almost every price bracket in the market. A lot of people go for acoustic guitars because these are worth more than any other style of guitar that fulfills your requirements and lies within your budget. Don’t get into the false economy of buying a cheap guitar now and then spend more time to get the guitar that you might have chosen in the first place.
1. Ibanez Performance Series PF15 Left Handed Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Natural
It is one of the top left-handed guitars that we recommend to our viewers, who have a medium price-range budget. It comes with a Dreadnought body Spruce top Mahogany back and sides. Its black and white multi rosette chrome die-cast tuners natural high gloss finish is going to mesmerize you with its beauty. Following are some of the dimensions that you would want to know before buying this guitar.
- Scale: 650mm
- Width at Nut: 42mm
- Width at 14th fret: 54mm
- Thickness at 1st fret: 21.5mm
- Thickness at 7th fret: 23.5mm
- Radius: 250mmR
- Body: Length: 20″ Width: 15-3/4″ Depth: 5″
- The case doesn’t come along with the package. You will have to buy this separately.
This is the best option for beginners because it fulfills all the sections that a beginner would want from his guitar. Quality construction and a great sound are two main features that everyone looks for in a professional guitar. This particular guitar gives you both features in top quality.
2. Fender CD-60SCE Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar – Dreadnaught Body Style – Natural Finish
Another fantastic product that comes with powerful onboard electronics. It includes a built-in tuner with great tone and smooth playability. The all amazing CD-60SCE LH is a perfect choice for beginners and intermediate level players who are ready to dig in. It features a single-cutaway body that allows its users for easy upper-fret access. Moreover, it is also accompanied with a solid spruce top for increased volume and crisp sound. It’s easy to play neck and mahogany back, and sides make it a perfect choice for the couch, campfire or the coffeehouse or anywhere, you desire to have classic Fender playability and sound.
Some exceptional features that make it the right choice for beginners, as well as intermediate guitarists, are listed below:
- The dreadnought cutaway body style makes it attractive and high quality in construction and for a great sound.
- The guitar has a fish man low-profile pickup/preamp and a solid spruce top with scalloped “X”-bracing gives it a classy look.
- Its Mahogany back and sides is another feature to look for
- Its ‘Easy-to-Play’ neck with rolled fingerboard edges makes it a perfect option for the newbie.
- It’s an extremely affordable price tag is going to persuade you to buy this all fantastic guitar. It is the best option for the people who want a guitar under the price tag of $200.
3. Seagull S6 Original Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar – Natural
Seagull is one of the best guitar brands of all time, and s6 is perhaps the instrument that perfectly represents the Seagull philosophy. S6 provides the opportunity for entry level players the opportunity to experience the great feel and exceptional sound. Its hand finished neck, solid cedar tip and a custom polished finish gives it a perfect finish. This is a guitar that not only a beginner would want to buy, but also a professional would not let it go.
Some of the following features make it quite attractive for left-handed beginner players:
- Its solid Cedar top and a Custom Polished Finish doesn’t make it look like a guitar that comes under an affordable price tag.
- Moreover, this guitar’s back and sides are constructed of wild cherry giving it a nice look. While the neck is made of silver-leaf maple and a rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
- Seagull is one of the top company from which people love to buy guitars. It is so because its guitars feature Tusk nuts and fully compensated saddles, which assist the seagull s6 original acoustic guitar play exceptionally in tune all over the neck.
- This particular model is specially designed for left-handed guitarists.
- It’s a perfect choice for the beginners as well as the professionals because neither the looks are going to let you down nor the sound.
So don’t waste a moment and don’t miss out on this amazing guitar!
4. Fender Sonoran SCE Left-Handed Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar, Solid Spruce Top – Natural
Fender is another company that has been at the top of the list when it comes to the best guitar companies. It provides numerous models of guitar for left-handers, but the best one is Fender Sonoran SCE because of its all amazing features that we are going to discuss here. It is an extremely affordable product that is especially recommended for professionals, but if you have a flexible budget, then it’s not a wrong choice for beginners as well. It is undoubtedly one of the best guitars currently available in the market.
Now let’s come to the features that are going to persuade you to buy this all fantastic product.
- The guitar is embedded with a solid spruce top that is Laminated Mahogany Back and Sides giving it a perfect finish that you have always desired for.
- Its Maple Neck with 20 fret rosewood fingerboard and a Scalloped X Bracing makes it one of the top left-handed guitars of the new century.
- Moreover, other features that come with this guitar include its rosewood with Compensated Bone Saddle and fish man Isys III System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp and Tuner.
So stop wasting your time and get this all fantastic guitar right away because its unusual features are not going to let you down.
5. Yamaha FG820 Left-Handed Solid Top Acoustic Guitar
The list is never complete without Yamaha. Yamaha FG was introduced in 1966, and since then it is proving its worth as a great acoustic guitar. The guitar always focuses on great playability, musical tone, and outstanding build quality. These are the reasons due to which people have simply loved it and always wanted to buy it for themselves. Its great playability and class-leading quality have made it a top choice for millions of guitar lovers. Moreover, its highly affordable price makes it a perfect choice not only for the beginners but also for the professionals.
Yamaha FG 800series has been one of the top brands of left-handed guitars currently available in the market. It is so because it is louder and has a stronger sound in the low to mid-ranges. It is so because of cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology that was developed by the Yamaha R&D Division. This achievement has made it a perfect guitar for professionals. The dedicated engineers of Yamaha have achieved this sound by employing analysis and simulation which helped them arrive at the best bracing design while removing the dependency over the tradition.
Following are some of the features of FG820 which are going to persuade you to buy this fantastic product.
- It comes with a solid Sitka Spruce Top with Mahogany Back & Sides giving it a perfect look.
- Rosewood Fingerboard and Rosewood Bridge help to give out perfect sound.
- The guitar has an adjustable truss rod and die-cast Tuners making it a top choice for the professional guitarists.
Important Tip For Best Choice:
Look for Types of Wood used in Left Handed Guitars
Left Handed Acoustic Guitar Lessons For Beginners
Best Left Handed Acoustic Guitars
There are numerous guitars available in the market but there are certain factors that you need to look for while buying a guitar. Those factors have been discussed in detail as follows.
Almost every guitar has a different fingerboard but gets the guitar that has the best size of the frets, and the bridge as these features play a major role in ensuring its quality and sound.
2. Ease of Use:
This feature is exceptionally crucial for beginners because the easy the guitar is to use the more the users are satisfied with it. To ensure that the guitar you are getting for yourself is easy to use.
3. Amp Hook Up:
There might come a time when you may be interested in hook up your guitar to an amp. Although most of the acoustic players don’t use this feature if your guitar is offering it then why not grab it with both hands.
The features listed above need to be kept in mind while buying a guitar for yourself. As a beginner, it is essential for you to identify the main components that are required in order to be looked for while purchasing a guitar.
Left Handed Acoustic Guitar Starter Pack And Starter Kit
Guitar starter packages are bought separately from guitars. Musicians usually prefer to purchase guitar starter packages while buying guitars. There are several options available for you online but as a beginner to go for a starter pack that is affordable yet gives the best value for your money, is challenging. A starter pack usually consists of the following items.
- Gig bag
- Strap and picks
A nominally priced starter pack is going to cost you not more than few hundred bucks. But as you increase the specifications and items, it may go up higher. So go online and research about guitar starter packs and then decide the best one for you.
Left Handed Electric Guitar With Amp
Yes, most of the guitars are designed for right-handed people, but if you’re new and you have no idea which brands are providing left-handed guitars, then the article mentioned above has a lot to offer. We have covered 5 best left handed guitars for beginners. Brands like Yamaha and Fender are included in our top-rated lists. Moreover, we have mentioned the best insider tips and tricks for you to learn basics for buying a left-handed guitar and enjoy the best music!