Guitar is not just amusical instrument,but also a way to express feelings. It is the best companion that will never leave you even after years. Therefore, it is essential to buy the good quality guitar.
You may find a flood of several guitar brands in the Indian market. Therefore, it is a bit difficult for the newbie to choose the right one. Due to this, prior background knowledge about all the brands is of the utmost importance. Such know-how will help you to escape from the trap of words of mouth.
In this article, you will learn about best guitar brands in India that will be the right selection for you.
How To Choose The Best Guitar Brand?
It is better to learn how to play guitar for at least a week before buying. If this is your first experience of purchasing the guitar, then you should keep the following points in your mind.
- Your Budget range
- The genre of music you are going to learn
- Your fingerstyle
The strings and guitar style should be in accordance with the kind of song that you will play. For instance:
- To play rock and metal music, you need to learn techniques like riffs and distortion. For this, the electric guitar is best for you.
- Opt for acoustic guitar, if you want to use chords and play strum songs. Moreover, the nylon strings acoustic guitar will be suitable for performing the country genre. Acoustic guitars are also ideal for the beginners and are affordable for everyone.
- For learning rhythm and blues, Spanish guitar style should be your choice.
Types Of Guitars You Can Choose From
There are many types of guitars. However, the most appropriate for both the beginners and advanced learners are Acoustic and Electric guitars.
Acoustic guitars are suitable for the beginners. These guitars offer versatility for playing different sorts of music, and portability as well. The best thing is that you can have all this at the affordable prices.
For the professional musicians looking for several sound effects and tonality, the Electric guitars are the most suitable one. Though more expensive than the Acoustic guitars, the Electric guitars also come at lower prices for the starters.
These guitars let you play multiple sound effects, with thinner strings and no risk of finger sores while playing. Also available in trendy style, the guitar will complete your look for the stage performance.
Best Guitar Brand In India In 2018
Now that you know a bit about guitarslet’s delve into the details about the best guitar brands in India that you should consider buying in 2018.
Started as Japanese Company, producing quality copies of famous American guitars, Ibanez has now its own identity.
It is now among the best instrument for the metal and hard rock music players.
Ibanez is the pioneer to launch the first 7-stringed guitar.These are the creators of the 7-stringed instrument in 1990 with the collaboration ofUniverse. It comes with a full-size frigate shape having a top of laminated select dapper. Ibanez guitars have mahogany neck, back, and sides, along with 20 frets on a rosewood fretboard. The Ibanez-branded headstockcame with attractivequalityandclosed chrome die-cast tuners. These all features make the Ibanez guitars suitable for every kind of style and genre of music. However, heavy music is mainly the field where metal crowd flock and let the Ibanez guitars unbeatable.
Although the shredders love the S series by Ibanez, however, no one can deny RG for being the most iconic instrument.
- Have a brilliant build and design
- Allow high notes with excellence
- Money worthy
- Entry-level and Acoustic guitars are not good with no unique quality
It produces a brighter tone,accompanying single coil pickups rather than the humbuckers. The single coil pickups are specially designed in a way scratching through the mix with the bright sound to produce the characteristic tone. The unique part of the Fender may cause issues with humming.
Fender guitars have a scale length of about 25.5 inches, containing the strings from the nut to the bridge. Such an extended scale length addsingenerating a rich, bell-like sound. However, the longer stringsare more difficult to play due to increased string tension.
There is also no compromise on the appearance. Fender guitars have introduced two most iconic shapes. These include:
- Stratocaster, the most important and extensive part of the rock music.
- Telecaster serves as the electric guitar and suitable for classical.
Offering the wide range of prices, Fenders are actually for everyone at any level. The Made in Mexico series of the Fender guitars provide the Fender’s famous tone in the world in just a small amount.
- Affordable price range with fantastic features for all
- Best standard designs for rock
- Unbeatable fabulous peculiar tone
- Humming and unwanted noise production by single coil pickups
- Hard to play with long lengths
- Design may be uncomfortable
Unlike Fender, Gibson guitars have a shorter scale length of approximately 24.75 inches. It decreases the string tension. Thus, the easy bending produces a warmer and smooth sound, which is characteristic for the brand. Additionally, the use of mahogany contributes in this regard too.
Gibson comes with Les Paul that adds more in the typical rock look than the Stratocaster of the Fender. This is much more appreciableby the many guitarists due to more exotic appearance.
Though costing more, these guitars let the experienced player impress the world with top skills and high-quality tone.However, Gibson is not suitable for the beginners.They need to learn the skills before purchasing.
- Most exceptional addition in the world of rock due to the most appealing design
- Employs high-quality materials for construction
- Exhibit outclass craftsmanship
- Reduce humming and easy to play
- Produce less bright tone due to Humbucker pickups
- Expensive especially for the newbie
Epiphone guitars are now getting better. The new and exclusive ProBucker pickups are enough to increase the brand reputation. However, they are still behind in the sound development as compared to Gibson.
Epiphone still wins the heart of players by producing a tone very much similar to the Gibson toneat a discounted price.
- Produce Gibson-like tone in a lower amount
- Have a similar design to Gibson
- Make use of new ProBucker pickups producing a unique sound
- Use low-quality material.
- Have cheap electrical components
- Tries to copy Gibson, but fails
Yamaha continuously produces the high-quality instruments that are unconquerable when it comes to the material or even sound quality.
Among all the incredible products, Yamaha’s FG800 is among the top-rated acoustic guitars. The company offers top quality within the affordable price range.
The outstanding playability of the Yamaha guitars iswell suited for the beginners who are in the learning process. With a perfect balance of quality and cost, these guitars will never hinder in the way of learning as most new instruments do.
With the Yamaha guitars, the player will have the most enchanting experience he/she can ever imagine.
- Budget-friendly product
- Sounds like the expensive guitars in a lower amount
- Use high-quality materials for construction
- Best for the beginners
- The brand name is not so famous as compared to Fender or Gibson
- Won’t appeal the veteran players who are desiring top-notch quality in sound
Searching the best guitar that suits all your wishes and allow you to learn the different options is a time-consuming process. It requires expertise in the musical field too.
It is better to invest on the top brands right from the start. These brands will never make you feel regret at any point due to the high quality.
We hope that the best guitar brands in India we have reviewed here will help you take an appropriate decision for your next guitar!