Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Playing different chords on a guitar is one of those ultimate feelings which has no counterpart. One of the most common chords in the A chord, and it is one of those best chords which comes again and again with different styles of music. Hence, it is essential to learn this A chord so that you can master it and play it nicely with all forms of music.
Today in this article we will discuss the A chord, how to play it in an even and correct manner, which is the best A chord for beginners, some relevant and essential tips and much more.
How to Master The A Chord on a Guitar?
- Before we proceed ahead and learn about this critical topic, we must understand the full name of the A chord. Well, the full name of the A chord is A Major. However, most of the guitar lovers call it as simple “A.” To read the guitar chord boxes, you need to take help from any reliable online source.
- In fact, there are several music forums which can be consulted for gaining this valuable knowledge. Generally, these online music forums are inhibited by experienced musicians, and they love to help the beginners learn the basics of guitar playing. You never know about getting in touch with a budding music talent which can prove to be quite famous in future.
One of the best things about playing the A chord on guitar is very simple and straightforward. When you compare it with other chords such as chord F, the chord A has got decidedly fewer points to keep in mind.
Main Tips on How to Play the A Chord on Guitar
- The first and the foremost important tip to keep in mind while playing the A chord on guitar is to keep your fingers compressed. While compressing your fingers, make them into a block so that you can make fret it as a single movement.
- Another most essential tips it to make sure that fingertips are used while playing the guitar. Do not even use the pads in your fingers as it may lead to suppressing of the sound and tune. A 90-degree angle is considered as perfect while making contact with the fretboard.
By following these two main tips, you can quickly get sound output while trying to play the A chord on the guitar and hence, these tips must be taken seriously otherwise you will not be able to get desired results. Always remember this fact that guitar playing is an art and it should be done with passion and gratitude. All this will help you to enjoy the moment, and you can quickly earn loads of appreciation in front of your friends, family members or even if you are playing in front of large crowd or gathering.
Here are Some of The Most Easy Ways to Play The A Chord on Guitar
- Though there are different versions of A chord guitar playing that are available, the best one is when you play it smoothly. Do not push yourself and enjoy the smoothness of the strings with a relaxed and calm attitude. This easy version has been specially named as Asus2, and it lets you explore the A chord of the guitar uniquely and efficiently.
You can quickly learn more about Asus2 from YouTube as many leading guitarists and musicians have uploaded videos on this topic. Take a closer look at those videos so that you can achieve perfection.
- Another easy and highly liked way to play A chord on guitar is called an A7. It is an alternate version of A chord, and it offers much better and h2er sound as compared to Asus2.
- A7 is ideal for music types such as Jazz, blues, and rock. This is one of the main reasons why most of the rock and jazz guitar players can be seen promoting the A7 in a big way.
Here are Some Bonus Tips For Playing the A Chord on a Guitar
- Whenever you wish to play the A chord make sure to only play strings from 1 to 5. Here, you need to ignore the string 6 because A minor and A minor 7 does not produce appreciable results.
- The string 6 is often left unintended by leading guitarists, and you should also follow the same path so that you can learn well and easily.
Important Maintenance Tips For Guitar
- Apart from learning about how to play different guitar chords, it is essential to make yourself aware of the correct maintenance of your guitar. This will not only help you to preserve your guitar for a more extended run, but you will be able to get the maximum and perfect output as well.
- Cleaning is the most basic and essential maintenance tip. Regular cleaning is a must, and it should be done daily with the help of a clean and dry cloth. It helps in removing the dust and unwanted particles which get accumulated because of the daily use.
- Next important thing to do is to take care of the fingerboard conditioning. It should always be done with the help of a recommended cleaner.
- Neck alignment should be done at regular intervals. There are several online tutorials which can be consulted to learn more about neck alignment. Proper neck alignment is very much necessary for producing that perfect sound.
Apart from the tips mentioned above, there are some more such as checking of nut issues, re-string, bridge adjustments, tackling of the truss rod and proper storage. All these maintenance tips will help in keeping your loved guitar in mint condition and shine like new.
Also, keep in mind that unless and until you love your guitar you cannot keep it in a safe condition.
Love the guitar and learn to play like a pro!!