Playing different chords on a guitar is one those ultimate feeling which has no counterpart. One of the most common chords is the A chord and it is one of those best chords which comes again and again with different styles of music. Hence, it is very important to learn this A chord so that you can master it and play it nicely with all forms of music.
Today in this article we will discuss about the A chord, how to play it in an even and correct manner, which is the best A chord for beginners, some relevant and important tips and much more.
How to master the A Chord on a guitar?
- Before we proceed ahead and learn about this important topic, we must understand the full name of the A chord. Well, the full name of the A chord is A Major. However, most of the guitar lovers call it as simple “A”. In order to read the guitar chord boxes you need to take help from any reliable online source.
- In fact there are several music forums which can be consulted for gaining this valuable knowledge. Generally these online music forums are inhibited by experienced musicians and they love to help the beginners learn the basics of guitar playing. You never know about getting in touch with a budding music talent which can prove to be quite famous in future.
One of the best things about playing the A chord on guitar is very simple and straightforward. When you compare it with other chords such as chord F, the chord A has got very less points to keep in mind.
Main tips on how to play the A chord on guitar
- The first and the foremost important tip to keep in mind while playing the A chord on guitar is to keep your fingers compressed. While compressing your fingers, make them into a block so that you can make fret it as a single movement.
- Another most important tips it to make sure that fingertips are used while playing the guitar. Do not even use the pads in your fingers as it may lead to suppressing of the sound and tune. A 90-degree angle is considered as perfect while making the contact with the fretboard.
By following these two main tips you can easily get perfect output while trying to play the A chord on guitar and hence, these tips must be taken seriously otherwise you will not be able to get desired results. Always remember this fact that guitar playing is an art and it should be done with passion and gratitude. All this will help you to enjoy the moment and you can easily earn loads of appreciation in front of your friends, family members or even if you are playing in front of large crowd or gathering.
Here are some of the most easy ways to play the A chord on guitar
- Though there are different versions of A chord guitar playing that are available but the best one is when you play it easy. Do not push yourself and enjoy the smoothness of the strings with a cool and calm attitude. This easy version has been specially named as Asus2 and it lets you explore the A chord of the guitar in a unique and easy way.
You can easily learn more about Asus2 from YouTube as there are many leading guitarists and musicians who have uploaded videos on this topic. Take a closer look at those videos so that you can achieve perfection.
- Another easy and highly liked way to play A chord on guitar is called as A7. It is actually an alternate version of A chord and it offers much better and h2er sound as compared to Asus2.
- A7 is ideal for music types such as Jazz, blues and rock. This is one of the main reasons why most of the rock and jazz guitar players can be seen promoting the A7 in a big way.
Here are some bonus tips for playing the A chord on a guitar
- Whenever you wish to play the A chord make sure to only play strings from 1 to 5. Here, you need to ignore the string 6 because A minor and A minor 7 does not produce appreciable results.
- The string 6 is often left unintended by leading guitarists and you should also follow the same path so that you can learn well and easily.
Important maintenance tips for guitar
- Apart from learning about how to play different guitar chords it is very essential to make yourself aware about the correct maintenance of your guitar. This will not only help you to preserve your guitar for longer run but you will be able to get maximum and perfect output as well.
- Cleaning is the most basic and important maintenance tip. Regular cleaning is a must and it should be done daily with the help of a clean and dry cloth. It helps in removing the dust and unwanted particles which gets accumulated because of the daily use.
- Next important thing to do is to take care of the fingerboard conditioning. It should always be done with the help of a recommended cleaner.
- Neck alignment should be done after regular intervals. There are several online tutorials which can be consulted in order to learn more about neck alignment. Proper neck alignment is very much necessary for producing that perfect sound.
Apart from the above mentioned tips there are some more such as checking of nut issues, re-string, bridge adjustments, tackling of the truss rod and proper storage. All these maintenance tips will help in keeping your loved guitar in mint condition and shine like new.
Also, keep in mind that unless and until you love your guitar you cannot keep it in safe condition.
Love guitar and learn to play like a pro!!