While growing up your little prince/princess will clearly remember the very first meeting with his/her instrument and the power of inspiration that brought him/her there. So, no compromises. If your kid wants an electric buy electric guitar. Later, in future, you may want ot sell it because it started to catch dust, but the importance of the root moments will push your kids far enough to fully test their musicianship for real.
Practically, there are 4 categories of best electric guitar for kids depending on age and you might need to know more about sizes:
30 inches: age 4-6
34 inches: age 6-9
36 inches: age 9-12
Standard: age 12+
If you need a selection of some nice models we have chosen for you, let’s dive into the list of such guitars.
Top 5 Best Electric Guitar for Kids
- Squier by Fender “Mini” Strat Beginner Electric Guitar
- Ibanez GRGM21MJB Mikro 3/4 Size Electric Guitar
- Peavey Iron Man 3/4 Rockmaster Electric Guitar
- Half Size Kids Electric Guitar with Built in Amp
- Metallic Blue Junior Kids Mini 3/4 Electric Guitar
1. Squier by Fender “Mini” Strat Beginner Electric Guitar
The Squier Mini electric guitar is a totally capable starter electric guitar. With 20 frets and a 34 inch guitar string scale length, its perfect for small hands. Featuring 3 single-coil Stratocaster pickups, master volume and tone controls, rosewood fretboard, and a hard-tail bridge it has many of the same attributes as its bigger iconic sibling- the Fender Stratocaster.
Squier mini strat mods by Fender Mini Strat also makes a wonderful travel companion for the seasoned player or any beginner. Don’t be fooled by size or price this is a legitimate instrument from a company with 60 + years making iconic instruments.
- Shorter 22.75 string scale, small neck profile and a downsized 1/4 size electric guitar body
- On the go and short on space, this squier mini strat used is a great travel companion
- Chord with comfort and bend strings with ease from this C shaped satin finished neck, 20 medium jumbo frets and modern 9.5 fingerboard radius
- Various tones from rich bass to cutting treble sounds from the 3 single coils pickups, one tone control, master volume and the 5 way pick up selector switch
- Maximum playability with various string gauges via the adjustable truss rod and the chrome fully adjustable fixed to body hard tail bridge
2. Ibanez GRGM21MJB Mikro
The Ibanez Mikro 3/4 scale electric guitar is perfect for last minute rehearsals, running scales while waiting for downloads, young rockers just joining the fray or anyone who just wants a smaller neck and body. Not to be confused with other small guitars, the Ibanez Mikro is no toy.
Mikro features the same construction, high quality and careful set-up of the Ibanez mini strat vs full size GRX and GRG models. Mikros 22 inch scale length (standard guitars feature a neck scale from 24 3.4 to 25 1/2) makes it the right choice for beginner players or pros practicing on the tour bus.
- Poplar RG Body with Short-Scale (22.2) GRGM Maple Neck
- Maple Fingerboard with 24 Medium Frets and Dot Inlays
- Infinity R Humbuckers
- Chrome Hardware
- Case Not Included
3. Peavey Iron Man 3/4 Rockmaster
This is almost an adult instrument, but it suits best for 9-13 years old rockers. A great piece of art and kids will love this “Iron Man” picture painted on it’s body!
- Body: Basswood, Neck: Maple, Fingerboard: Rosewood,
- No.of Frets: 21, Pickup: 1 Humbucking, Control: 1 Volume & 1 Tone
- Tuners: Diecast Chrome, Hardware: Chrome
- Master volume and tone controls with push/pull tone for single coil operation, 2 Peavey custom designed humbucking pickups, Binding on body, Solid Basswood Body, Dual action torsion rod
- String-through-body design for maximum sustain
- Legendary Peavey reliability
4. Half Size Kids Electric Guitar with Built in Amp
Recreation of the popular Guitar to a 3/4 scale Junior Jr fit for kids to rock out! Featuring a built in speaker (requires amp), the Viper Jr will allow kids to put on a show for their friends and family without the hassle of lugging around big old speakers. At only 36, this guitar will fit comfortably in the arms on your child and is a great way to introduce them to a real playing guitar!
- 1/2 Scale Electric Guitar, Solid Basswood Body
- Maple Neck, Maple Fretboard, 9V Battery Included
- Built In Speaker
- Die Cast Tuners
- Single Coil Pick Up, 1 Volume Control