While growing up your little prince/princess will undoubtedly remember the very first meeting with his/her instrument and the power of inspiration that brought him/her there. So, no compromises. If your kid wants to buy an electric guitar, you may wish not to sell it because it started to catch dust, but the importance of the root moments will push your kids far enough to test their musicianship for real thoroughly.
If you need a selection of some nice models we have chosen for you, let’s dive into the list of such guitars.
Top 5 Best Electric Guitar for Kids
- Squier by Fender “Mini” Strat Beginner Electric Guitar
- Ibanez GRGM21MJB Mikro 3/4 Size Electric Guitar
- Peavey Iron Man 3/4 Rockmaster Electric Guitar
- Smartxchoices 30″ Inch Kids Electric Guitar with 5W
- Metallic Blue Junior Kids Mini 3/4 Electric Guitar
1. Squier by Fender “Mini” Strat Beginner Electric Guitar
The Squier Mini electric guitar is a skillful starter electric guitar. With 20 frets and a 34-inch guitar string scale length, its perfect for small hands. Featuring three single-coil Stratocaster pickups, master volume and tone controls, rosewood fretboard, and a hard-tail bridge it has many of the same attributes as its bigger iconic sibling- the Fender Stratocaster.
Squier mini strat mods by Fender Mini Strat also makes a wonderful travel companion for the seasoned player or any beginner. Don’t be fooled by size or price this is a legitimate instrument from a company with 60 + years making iconic instruments.
- Shorter 22.75 string scale, small neck profile and a downsized 1/4 size electric guitar body
- On the go and short on space, this squier mini strat used is a great travel companion
- A chord with comfort and bend strings with ease from this C shaped satin finished neck, 20 medium jumbo frets, and modern 9.5 fingerboard radius
- Various tones from rich bass to cutting treble sounds from the three single coils pickups, one tone control, master volume and the five-way pickup selector switch
- Maximum playability with various string gauges via the adjustable truss rod and the chrome fully adjustable fixed to body hardtail bridge
2. Ibanez GRGM21MJB Mikro
The Ibanez Mikro 3/4 scale electric guitar is perfect for last minute rehearsals, running scales while waiting for downloads, young rockers just joining the fray or anyone who just wants a smaller neck and body. Not to be confused with other small guitars, the Ibanez Mikro is no toy.
Mikro features the same construction, high quality and careful set-up of the Ibanez mini strat vs full size GRX and GRG models. Mikros 22 inch scale length (standard guitars feature a neck scale from 24 3.4 to 25 1/2) makes it the right choice for beginner players or pros practicing on the tour bus.
- Poplar RG Body with Short-Scale (22.2) GRGM Maple Neck
- Maple Fingerboard with 24 Medium Frets and Dot Inlays
- Infinity R Humbuckers
- Chrome Hardware
- Case Not Included
3. Peavey Iron Man 3/4 Rockmaster
This is almost an adult instrument, but it suits best for 9-13 years old rockers. A great piece of art and kids will love this “Iron Man” picture painted on it’s body!
- Body: Basswood, Neck: Maple, Fingerboard: Rosewood,
- No.of Frets: 21, Pickup: 1 Humbucking, Control: 1 Volume & 1 Tone
- Tuners: Diecast Chrome, Hardware: Chrome
- Master volume and tone controls with push/pull tone for single coil operation, 2 Peavey custom designed humbucking pickups, Binding on body, Solid Basswood Body, Dual action torsion rod
- String-through-body design for maximum sustain
- Legendary Peavey reliability
4. 30 Inch Red Half Size Kids Electric Guitar with Built-in Amp
An exceptional electric guitar for kids 3 years and up, that comes with numerous features that you might not find in any other guitar. It is a 1/2 Scale Electric Guitar that comes with a solid basswood body, maple neck and a maple fret board making it a perfect guitar not only for the beginners or kids but also for the professionals as well. With a 9V battery and built-in speaker you can’t get a better guitar than this. It also accompanies adie-cast tuners and all amazing single coil pick up, 1 volume control which is going to help you be a perfect musician of all time.
- Attractive black color and smooth finish
- Light wood neck
- Rosewood fretboard (22 frets) and hardwood body
- Guitar length: 30” (L), Amp Dimensions: 5″(L) x 2.5″(W) x 5″(H), a nylon guitar case
5. RED Junior Kids Mini 3/4 Electric Guitar
This guitar is an excellent choice for little learners. Its body shape and weight is ideal for kids to handle easily without investing a lot of energy. As the body is made up of Basswood, you will find rich midrange content. If you are more into LP sounding Strat, you can get there quite quickly as well due to basswood body. Its neck is Maple made and is quite smooth to work with.
Overall, this guitar is pretty easy and simple for kids to play and handle. Especially, those who are new to playing guitar will find it quite newbie-friendly due to its lightweight body and simple design. It’s not only easy to handle but also provides rich sounds that kids will definitely enjoy during their guitar sessions. Being beginners at a young level, you won’t find something as simple and easy to play than this mini guitar.
- 1/2 Scale Electric Guitar, Basswood Body
- Maple Neck, Bolt on Neck
- Maple Fretboard, Hardtail Chrome Alloy Bridge
- Dual Humbucker w/1 Volume 1 Tone
- Low Ration Tuners
Electric guitar kid size
To let your child play the guitar with ease, They are necessary to find the right sized piece. Size matters considerably in making initial lessons easy and straightforward. Too much bulky or too much light guitars either cause trouble in handling or produce poor sounds. Below is the chart you can follow to find the right size of guitar for your kid.
|Electric guitar size||Overall Length||Age||Height of the child|
|Full size||40″||12+ years||5’3″|
Why the right size may vary from child to child:
Every child has an individual growth system. Some grow faster whereas others take time to show noticeable growth signs. This is the reason it’s possible that children of the same age have different heights. Considering this fact, the right size of guitar also vary from child to child no matter even if they belong to same age groups. If your child is taller than the average height of his/her age group, then go for guitar size recommended for older age group children. But if the height of your kid is smaller than the average height of his/her age group, go for the size suggested for the lower age group.
What if my child wants to play a larger guitar?
There are no strict rules when it comes to choosing the guitar size. If your child is highly motivated to play a larger guitar because of its rich sound and effective tones, don’t stop them from attempting. It’s possible that they have the right potential to play a larger guitar with great passion and right techniques.
How to find a great kids guitar combo amp that makes sense for your music and budget?
When it comes to choosing a guitar for your child, always consider a few important things that play an important role in making a right choice. Decide your budget and also confirm the style of music your kid enjoy the most so you may find yourself the most suitable piece at right amount. The safest option is to begin at a small level. Go for small amps that are easy to handle and work with and don’t cost expensively as well.
Advanced amps are complicated for beginners to work with. This is why children should always aim for easy to play amps and once they have developed a better understanding of simpler version, they can move to a next level. Amps with over 30W are usually suitable for home jams and regular sessions. In fact, 15W amp also sounds pretty louder when cranked. Lower watt amp only fails in providing clean volume but can be used by kids.
There are a lot of options in amps to choose from. You may find tube amps, solid state models and even hybrid amps in market as well. Tube amps are great to play due to their high end performance whereas solid state models are pretty cheaper and require minimum maintenance. As far hybrids are concerned, using them is similar to making a practical compromise.