So your very first guitar should be selected judiciously. First of all, it is highly recommended by the experts in the field to start out with the acoustic guitar. We are introducing Acoustic Guitar for Beginner. Choices made clear and easy to you!
Top 5 Best Acoustic Guitar for Beginner
How Do You Choose a Good Acoustic Guitar for Beginner ?
Choosing your first guitar should be a big deal for you thus you get inspired by hard core rocking guitarists playing in concerts, right? But when you get just some random guitar from the shop and it sounds awful and it gets you thinking like, ‘what was I thinking?’
Fret not! We are going to help you get the right guitar for you.
Choosing Body Style
When choosing body style of an Acoustic Guitar for Beginners, you are aiming for comfort. So there are three body styles available.
- SMALL: Smaller body styles have less bass and more focused tones.
- MEDIUM: Medium body style guitar features more bass and louder tones.
- LARGE: Larger guitars produce huge bass and reproduce low frequencies with ease.
Here is the list of nomenclatures for the size range that the known companies use for different sizes of guitars.
Choosing Body Shape
While sizes may vary, shapes of guitars are of five types. Here are different features exhibited by the different shapes.
Concert And Grand Concert
Especially, Concert guitar often comes in smaller size producing bright sound and punch in its mid-range. Grand Concert is a bit larger than the Concert in addition.
Auditorium And Grand Auditorium
Auditorium guitars come in medium sizes producing balanced volume and tone. Grand Auditorium showcases hour-glass shape producing wider range of volume and balanced tones.
Dreadnoughts, with their distinctive square bouts, wider waist and 14-fret necks; produces very powerful and driving sound quality.
Huge and loud are the best description of Jumbo guitars, which yield loud sounds with deep resonance.
Travel And Mini-Acoustics
These are best guitars for the travellers and parents looking for just the right size for their kids. These guitars are made for kids considering their size. Manufacturers have made sure that their smaller size doesn’t compromise the quality of sound.
Cutaway feature is a late addition. It has a cutaway shape in the upper bout; allowing the player to reach higher frets of guitar.
Choosing Body Wood
First thing to keep in mind is that the wood used for acoustic is not necessarily good for electric and vice versa. The main characteristic that makes the wood ideal for guitars is its strength.
- MAPLE: have good tonal quality and sustain.
- BASSWOOD: is soft and produces balanced sound and great mid-range.
- ALDER: is light weight and produces warm sound with lot of highs.
In short , the best way to choose the neck of your guitar is to base your choice on your comfort level. There are quite a few shapes of necks available.
While choosing your guitar, make sure that neck is the same level with the top of the guitar. On the other hand, it shouldn’t be too forward or backward. Otherwise, there will be adjustment problems.
Pickups are devices that transform the sound waves into electric signals which are augmented through Amplifiers. Moreover, there are many pickups available. Your choice should be made depending on what kind of music you play, you play solo or in the duo or playing a studio or on stage. Choose accordingly.
Frets come in many sizes and choice can be made depending upon your style.
- TALL FRETS: produces clear notes without lots of pressure
- SHORT FRETS: tends to drag against the board when bending
- SKINNY FRETS: are good for intonation
- WIDE FRETS: mostly used in electric guitars
There are two major kinds of bridges available in guitars: fixed bridges and moved bridges. On the other hand, Fixed bridges mostly used for Acoustic guitars and Epiphone dove pro acoustic-electric guitar. They have a common thread design especially. Currently, Fixed bridge guitars have the advantage of holding a good tune. On the other hand, the moving bridge provides you the luxury of changing the length of strings according to your desire.
Choosing Steel or Nylon Strings
Again, it depends upon the kind of music you play. Nylon strings are mostly used for classical while steel is used for rock and country music. And it’s a myth that nylon is easy on fingers so the beginners should go for it only. You can use steel strings with as much ease as nylon. The only glitch here is that in case of nylon, you have to tune it more frequently than steel ones.
Best Beginner Acoustic Guitar Review
1. Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst
This is an ideal guitar for beginners who are looking for cheap option without compromising on the quality of sound. Therefore, it’s best for both young and adults. So, here are some pros and cons for this guitar that you may know.
- It produces nice tones especially. You are in learning phase and wondering that how to play acoustic guitar for beginners, so it helps you produce good music in order to keep your interest alive.
- It is quite affordable and not heavy on your pocket so when you out live your learning phase, you don’t feel bad replacing it.
- You can get it in different finishes so you can get the one to your liking.
- With Mahogany finish, it is very elegant in its design.
- It is very easy to play, making your learning phase easier and enjoyable.
- It is lightweight and smaller in size making it easier to handle.
- You may have to tune it occasionally. This you have to live with as it is a beginner’s guitar in cheap price.
- The strings would have to be replaced after a while and you can get them according to your needs.
- As it is an inexpensive guitar, you won’t find it much durable as compared to expensive guitars.
- It comes with a gig bad instead of a hard case.
- Its bridge pins are harder than normal bridge pins in other guitars.
Overall, it’s a good purchase for the newbies who are starting their musical journey and offer value for your money.
2. Yamaha FG830 Solid Acoustic Guitar for Beginner
This is yet another stellar guitar highly recommended for the beginners and pros that don’t perform professionally and keeps it as a hobby. Besides, it comes in natural, Autumn Burst and tobacco Brown finishing. So, let’s see the discussion about pros and cons of this guitar.
- It showcases a great sustain.
- It has custom design bridge bracing.
- This guitar produces very clear and strong bass tones. Its sound quality exceeds exceptionally it price tag.
- It produces louder and stronger sounds in low to mid-ranges due to the use of cutting-edge technology produced by Yamaha R&D division.
- It stays in tune for a longer period of time. You don’t have to fret over tuning it everytime you start jamming.
- This is aesthetically stylish outlook and finishing adds to its value and make your music practice more enjoyable.
- Dreadnought models of this guitar may be too large for your comfort.
- It doesn’t come with the provision of cutaways so many newbies might find it uncomfortable to handle.
- It comes with no pick-up.
- Case is not included in the purchase of this guitar. But it happens when you are buying inexpensive guitars.
It is an overall good choice for the beginners. Beside good sound quality it produces, it also features good aesthetics.
3. Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic Guitar
This guitar is produced by Japanese manufacturer, Takamine. In fact, this is an excellent Acoustic guitar for beginners. It is a dreadnought which is the most popular shape of Acoustic guitars. Here, we are narrating its pros and cons to help you in your decision.
- It is a lightweight guitar which is easy to carry and handle.
- This guitar is very easy to play which is a deliberate design to facilitate the beginners as much as possible.
- This is an inexpensive guitar but that doesn’t mean it has compromised on the quality of the sound. On the contrary; it produces loud sound with rich tones and balanced characteristics.
- It comes in a cutaway design as well which adds to the comfort level while playing it, especially by the beginners.
- This Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic Guitar stays in tune.
- It is a durable guitar considering its price range.
- It does not come with a case.
- Due to its satin finish, it is prone to easy denting.
- To keep its price range low, it is given aNato top and its back is given a laminate finishing.
So considering its pros outnumber its cons, this is an excellent choice for your first guitar.
4. Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag – Natural
Fender FA-100 is an entry-level guitar. It is deemed as a good all-round guitar for beginners with price range well under 200$. It belongs to dreadnought family which is the most popular shape in Acoustic category. Here, we are going to analyse pros and cons of this guitar.
- Sound quality of this guitar is excellent making it an ideal guitar for the beginners. Even pros use this guitar while on tours.
- FA-100’s actions are quite easy to play. This makes the learning process very easy and enjoyable.
- Unlike most economical beginner guitars, this guitar stays in tune much longer. The use of die-cast material by Fender makes it a more reliable.
- Fender FA-100 showcases problematic strings which need to tighten from time to time.
- Strings are located very low near the fretboard. This makes it very troublesome as you tend to hit the wrong note while intending to play a different one.
- It comes with a gig bag, not a hard case.
All in all, it is a good bargain and an excellent guitar for beginners. It gives them plenty of reasons to learn and make guitar playing as a constant feature in their life.
5. Taylor BT2 Baby Taylor Acoustic Guitar, Mahogany Top
Taylor BT2 is a little smaller than the dreadnoughts and therefore, is deemed ideal for the little maestros and for traveling. With mahogany laminate finishing, this guitar is beautiful in its outlook and is till now, given raving reviews by the people who have purchased it. Here are its pros and cons summed up for you.
- Its stunning laminate finish in Mahogany makes it a beautiful guitar to play and make your learning process even more interesting for you as well for the audience.
- The smaller size makes it ideal for traveling as it becomes easier to carry and handle it.
- Its smaller size makes it possible for the young lot to learn on it with ease of handling and playing it.
- Considering the cheap price of this guitar, the sound it produces is exceptional. So you get value for the money.
- The light weight makes it easy to carry around, especially by kids and during travelling.
- It is pricier for an average person. There is affordability factor that may figure high while buying this item.
- Its laminate wood may act as a catalyst for its aging poorly.
- The small size may cause problems for fully grown adult in handling this guitar.
This guitar is stellar in the category of Guitars for Children Beginners. They can not only play it with ease but also enjoy excellent music made possible by its pragmatic design.
In brief, choosing Best Acoustic Guitar For Beginner is a decision everyone struggles with. Keeping in view this challenge, we have presented top 5 best acoustic guitars from best acoustic guitar brands. Though cheap guitar is normally the biggest attraction for guitar buyers but high-quality is a factor which should never be compromised. So if you want to purchase the best acoustic guitar, select from our top 5 collections of best guitars like Jasmine S34c NEX Acoustic Guitar (recommended). We have included only high-rated guitars with good customer reviews and features in addition.
Definitely here we have made your buying decision extremely easy and ensured that you only get the best!