“I bought a beautiful looking guitar, but my teacher said is sounds and plays like crap!” How many beginners said that? You would be surprised: most of them don’t even think about an expert opinion before they buy their first six-string buddy. It is a waste of time and cash buying silly shiny guitars just for being beautiful colored or being the cheapest one in the music store. The guitar, like a human, has a character and qualities and the look is only a last step-decision.
If you need an additional expert recommendation, take these 5 examples of well-balanced quality/price factor best beginner guitars. One of these could be your best friend during a lot of time in your music life.
Top 5 Best Guitars for Beginners Recommendation:
You will find a brief description of these guitars which could be helpful for you to get motivated to go and research deeper each one of the instruments.
Best Acoustic Guitars For Beginners
1. Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst
- At the first time playing this guitar, I was “Wow! It’s awesome.” The sound is so good which it not only bright but also very clear. Also, the guitar looks classical and very beautiful.
- While thebridge and fingerboard aremade from rosewood allowing you to move yourhand easily and smoothly, the body is made from mahoganygiving the guitar both durability and strength.
- Mahogany is also chosen to construct the guitar neck. Since it’s able to prevent the neck from warping, you’ll never have to worry about any impact that can deteriorate the quality of sound. The body ends up with a spruce top. In comparison with cedar, spruce is much brighter and provides better echoes through the instrument.
Besides, with a 14-degree headstock, you’ll have more pressure on the strings, and thus, more adjustments to fit your songs.
2. Yamaha FG830 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar, Natural
- The Yamaha FG series has the age of over 50 years, and FG830 is the pinnacle of continuous improvements.It’s no doubt when FG830 gets an absolute rate of 5 stars on Amazon.
- Featuring a spruce top made from Sitka, a fingerboard made from rosewood, and die-cast tuners made of chrome, this guitar is simply one of the best choices for both durable quality and natural music.
- The sound created by it is just spectacular with aloud tone, rich vibration, and great bass.
- Besides, thanks to five grades of tonewood selections, you’ll have a versatile guitar for both acoustic and electric-acoustic styles.
- Playing this guitar is also simple and easy. You’re free to slide up and down without getting any hung-up.
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, the experience is always amazing!
3. Jasmine S34C NEX Acoustic Guitar
- This orchestra-style guitar is outstanding in the design. At first glance, it captured my eyes, and when I started twanging it, what I heard is just incredible.
- Music created by S-34C is well-balanced and clear thanks to the Advanced “X” Bracing System. Asthe braces are arrangedcloser to the soundhole,the sound becomes livelier and wider.
- The slim neck offers both great comfort and prominent playability, while the satin finish provides better resonance.
- Other specifications include a nice rosewood fingerboard and bridge, a perfectly executed binding, and extremely endurable chrome tuners.
- Even though particularly designed for experts, it doesn’t mean the guitar is hard to play.
In fact, it’s extremely easy that newbies, even first-time guitarists, can follow and progress.
4. Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag – Natural
- If you’re finding one of the best acoustic guitars,whichsoundsas natural as breathing, this one should be taken into account.
- Even though it’s a full sized acoustic guitar, it’s not too large that can cause hassles while holding. Personally, I appreciate its design because I like theslightcolor and sinewy appearance.
- The laminate spruce top with X-bracing provides a rich and balanced tone.
- The rosewood fingerboard and bridge are, as I said, extremely rigid and can last for years.
- Coming together with the guitar is useful accessories. Some of them are three guitar pickers which are perfect for beginning guitarists
Coming together with the guitar is useful accessories. Some of them are three guitar pickers which are perfect for beginning guitarists and a clip-on tunerwhich is the best tool tomake the sound sweater.
5. Oscar Schmidt OD312 12-String Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar – Natural
- The 12-sring idea might sound crazy, but it’s obviously unique, offering experts new experiences and newbies an interesting instrument to play.
- In terms of sound, the guitar did a good job with resonant tone andexcellent volume.
- Although the high-quality nylon strings make the sound a little bit slower, they keep beginner’s hands not get hurt while playing.
- Besides, since the guitar is a light in weight and small in size, it could be a preferred choice for travelers.
- For anyone who wants to own an average guitar, this one is also great.
- With acompact design, good price, and pretty excellentsound quality, there is no way that this guitar cannot deserve a position on the list of best acoustic guitars.
Recommended Guitar lessons for beginners
Having a guitar will most probably make you want to learn to play on it. There are zillions of guitar manuals and lessons on the internet, but here’s the tricky thing: you cannot have the proper practice and feedback if you go with the first free or cheap lesson you see.
Whether it is good or not, it’s very important for the method to fit your needs, character and tempo. There you can see 3 examples of massive and proved guitar methods that worked with a huge number of students and this is not only because of the major brands behind them.
How to buy the Best Beginner Guitar?
Buying the best beginner guitar will depend on the music project that you have in your mind. If you are searching for a guitar which is economical as well as helps in delivering a power packed performance then you must read out relevant and well researched reviews. A good beginner guitar is the one which comes with multiple features and is easy on the pocket.
Here are some general but highly important guidelines that you must follow while thinking about purchasing a new and best beginner guitar.
- One of the best things to do is to check out guitars with steel strings and which is lightweight. As a beginner you would need a guitar which is not heavy to carry and strings offer you maximum endurance.
- The clarity of the sound is another important thing to keep in mind because it will help you learn the basics of music. As a beginner it is quite important that you should learn everything so that in future you are able to deliver top notch performance in front of large crowd of people.
- Do not go for guitars which have complex mechanism because it becomes really difficult to learn the basics and also it is difficult to clean the guitar on a daily basis.
- Brand awareness is another most important part. You must make yourself aware about the brand of guitars available in the market. It is good because it helps in analyzing the features, quality as well as price and as a result you are able to buy a best product for yourself.
A guitar instrument should always threaten as an extension of your own body. You need to take a good care of it once you own it. Otherwise it will not serve you well. Weapon of choice, your “baby” or your living-maker-tool, or whatever it is, having a guitar means responsibility. Don’t ever let it catch dust, it is not a painting, it has its own soul. That’s why you need to make your choice wisely. Check the list again, select your favorite and jump into the world of the six string dream land with a wild little horsie you could tame with love!